Compass
Read Print Edition
Showing comments 1 to 10 of 7009
william brian moore
Dart buys Barefoot Beach property
Posted by william brian moore on 7/30/2015 8:14:56 PM

> Click here to view the story related to this comment

Pierre, i am not clear on your situation, where did this happen? Or not happen as the case may be.or are you just distraught over the dart mega purchases thru the years?
Agree agree ( 0 )
Disagree disagree ( 0 )
Donald Fillmore
The dock debate
Posted by Donald Fillmore on 7/30/2015 8:07:00 PM

> Click here to view the story related to this comment

I am amazed at the short sighted attitudes of the local authorities regarding mitigating risk. There are other options to transition passengers to and from the ships/port without constructing a new harbour and disruption the reef. I would be happy to discuss with the government officials.
Agree agree ( 2 )
Disagree disagree ( 1 )
Clarence Carson
World's finest will breeze over as Mora hits the heights
Posted by Clarence Carson on 7/30/2015 6:34:26 PM

> Click here to view the story related to this comment

The Cayman Islands seem like an amazing place for kiteboarding, with the consistent trade winds and super warm waters! I would make sure my board is equipped with traction pads before I traveled there with the warm waters, wax would melt right off the board!
Agree agree ( 0 )
Disagree disagree ( 0 )
pierre beaudet
Dart buys Barefoot Beach property
Posted by pierre beaudet on 7/30/2015 3:55:26 PM

> Click here to view the story related to this comment

Anyone played Monopoly and try to pass on someones land when everything has been sold? I did, and paid the price for it. The game ended for me on a very sad note. I could not buy land, build house, or business, even if that option was available because there was no where to build it. What if the land owner already had the business I was thinking of? Well, I just put the game back in the box and forgot about it. Or, try to forget about it!
Agree agree ( 7 )
Disagree disagree ( 9 )
Chris Ebanks
Websites go offline over new domain rules
Posted by Chris Ebanks on 7/30/2015 2:49:52 PM

> Click here to view the story related to this comment

actually not so true. In many cases where it is not so straightforward (eg where the confirmation email goes to an email account that is no longer active) the ICTA was extremely slow and/or non-responsive. I have been trying to register my domain since May and still don't have a response despite numerous calls and emails. I have heard of several others with the same problem.
Agree agree ( 12 )
Disagree disagree ( 1 )
Paul Naish
An argument for cruise berthing facilities
Posted by Paul Naish on 7/30/2015 12:14:51 PM

> Click here to view the story related to this comment

For disclosure, I am on the against side but only against the current design with the environmental impacts it has on both George Town Harbour and up and down the coast.

In the report, I took the missing section "Environmental Management Plan" as being one that has not been developed yet as opposed to purposely withheld. I admit the references are confusing.

Neither this article nor the EIA report illustrates where the mitigation plans have been successful in the well established practice of dredging while there are many examples, like Miami, where they have failed.

Lastly, my perception of those against the pier is only in its present form and not no pier. I believe the authors of this article are trying to polarize the conversation.
Agree agree ( 6 )
Disagree disagree ( 23 )
Ron Clair Ebanks
Campers learn right from wrong
Posted by Ron Clair Ebanks on 7/30/2015 10:55:56 AM

> Click here to view the story related to this comment

What a nice program for the kids, I think that the Government should get more involved in supporting this program which is beneficial to the Islands and the kids.
Agree agree ( 8 )
Disagree disagree ( 1 )
Rodney Barett
Websites go offline over new domain rules
Posted by Rodney Barett on 7/30/2015 10:24:20 AM

> Click here to view the story related to this comment

It appears as though ITCA has does just about everything it could do to notify users of the .ky domain subset. Lax administrative management by the domain owners is their problem, so the embarrassment is theirs alone.

However, I do not agree with the ITCA policy of holding back certain domain names to auction at a profit. After all, this is supposed to be a public serving organization, not one that serves itself.
Agree agree ( 25 )
Disagree disagree ( 2 )
Michael Davis
Cruise berthing in Cayman: A history of starts, stops and controversy
Posted by Michael Davis on 7/30/2015 10:07:04 AM

> Click here to view the story related to this comment

It would be good to know how much money was spent on this on again off again project over the last 15 years or so.
Agree agree ( 3 )
Disagree disagree ( 0 )
Ron Clair Ebanks
Stakeholders debate long-term tourism strategy
Posted by Ron Clair Ebanks on 7/30/2015 10:00:34 AM

> Click here to view the story related to this comment

Mr Davis, I agree 100%, and making you understand these politicians are not thinking about the future of the Islands, they are thinking about them selves and their next election.
Agree agree ( 5 )
Disagree disagree ( 12 )
Showing comments 1 to 10 of 7009

Copyright © 2015 Pinnacle Media Group Ltd. All Rights Reserved.